Listen, Jersey City, I know we just celebrated our One Year Anniversary together. It's been a good year, a great year, actually. I know that what we got going on right now is a good thing.

But...

...I think we need some time apart.

No, it's not you! You've got beautiful views, a charming personality, and...your food scene. Your food. Goodness, your food makes me wanna settle down here.

But...

It's the summertime, and I think this would be a good time for ME to...start visiting other places.

And, while we're at it, I have a confession: I've BEEN seeing other places.

Like, last week I snuck out for a weekend road trip and went to see my friend Heather and her family in Pennsylvania. It was - literally and figuratively - a breath of fresh air.

I sunk my teeth into a delicious burger topped with crab imperial at Station Taproom:

Surf and Turf Burger - Beef Meets Crab Imperial. Glorious.

I discovered new trails at a local park with Heather.
All this beauty with minimal bug bite damage

I devoured a bowl of delicious mussels and bacon.

Miraculously, I did not drool over this bowl.

I even had time to enjoy peach ice cream at Margo's Old Fashioned Ice Cream and take a couple group selfies:
Happy to celebrate the first weekend of summer!

This wasn't the first time I've strayed away from you. Before Pennsylvania, I went to Paris and Vienna for a week, and took a 12-hour road trip across New Jersey, gorging myself on barbecue. 

(Shameless Blog Plug: I will be posting about these trips soon. I promise.) 

You have to admit, it's not like you even notice when I'm gone. You've been too busy being fabulous, and other people are falling in love with you, too. I know.

Despite all of this, I don't want to break up. Far from it. I think all of this will only strengthen our relationship. And just so you know, even though I'm gone from time to time, I'm always coming home to you.

xoxo, Jersey City. 





Leave a Reply

Images & Text Copyright Eat & Be Mary. Design by 2bloom.co / Samantha Bird Design. Powered by Blogger.