When I was 12, I signed up for an international pen pal program and was matched with a girl who lived in Paris and who, too, shared in my fanatical love for Hanson. Obviously, it was a perfect match. Back and forth through postal mail, we tried to describe to each other what life was like in our respective countries through our letters, pictures, and article clippings from the most respected teen-focused journalism (i.e. YM and Teen Bop). It was a great experience that gave me my own personal view of the world outside the 201 area code.


Flash forward more than a decade later, and I stumble across The Lean Green Bean's Foodie Penpal program (http://www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/). So, yeah, I sign up because I would never pass up on a chance to meet someone new and get delicious treats in the process. (Yeah, people, it doesn't take alot to win my friendship.) This month, I was matched up with Julie at Girl On the Move (http://girlonthemoveblog.com/). I was thrilled to learn that Julie's currently living in California, far away from the snow-maggaden that the East Coast has been going through for the past few months.

Treats from Cali!

The package definitely delivered on the delicious-ness and it reminded me of the times I used to visit my aunt and uncle in San Diego. In the box: 
- Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate: Julie's favorite flavor
- Almonds: California's famous treat
- Acai Blueberries - Julie's favorite snack
- Knott's Jam - This brought back memories of going on the rollercoaster and eating funnel cake at the Knott's Berry Farm
- Peanut Butter - Julie's favorite healthy on-the-go snack

Thank you for the delicious treats, Julie. Your package definitely delivered some much-needed warmth and sunshine from the West Coast.

If you want to sign up for the Foodie Pen Pal program, check out the Lean Green Bean's website here: http://www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/




Leave a Reply

Images & Text Copyright Eat & Be Mary. Design by 2bloom.co / Samantha Bird Design. Powered by Blogger.